The Sindhudurg fortress, situated about 350 kilometers from Pune, is surrounded by sea.
The Sindhudurg fortress, situated about 350 kilometers from Pune, is surrounded by sea. For this fort it is said that its structure is made of dissolved metal and till now no one can win it.
- This fort is located in the Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra’s Konkan region. The Sindhudurg fort is built on an island in the Arabian Sea near this district.
- This fort is spread over 48 acres. At one time this fort was also the navy base of the Maratha army. It is also said that due to this fort, maritime route could not enter Maratha seam without any permission.
The structure is formed by dissolving metal
- Construction of Sindhudurg Fort was built by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj during 1664-67. It is said that before the formation of this fort, there were bigger Sheelas, which have been constructed by breaking down the fort.
- The special significance of this fort is that the structure of the fort is ready with dissolved lead, iron metal and stones.
The castle is surrounded by curved walls
- This fort is a wonderful example of Maratha architecture. The walls of the fort are 2 to 4 meters wide and 10 meters high. The walls are curved.
- It is said that due to the curved walls the enemy could never be able to envisage this fort.
FAMES SPOT FOR WATER SPORTS
- This place is also very famous for water sports. It is also called California of Maharashtra.
- Shortly before a scientist, Sarang Kulkarni made a documentary film on marine life here. Inspired by this, the Maharashtra government gave it the responsibility to develop these facilities here and now this dream has actually changed.
The Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation’s water supply facilities are being provided at the Transak Beach Resort.